Finding Treasures

 

My sweet friend Carolyn wants to clean out her She-Shed, and she knows what I love. So today, we dug through her old door and found one I could use for a little project I have been bouncing around in my head.

We let Mark bring the solid heavy wood door home in his truck.  I might have ridden there for a week or so and that's okay.  Better there than in the garage.

Mr. Jon is my official gatemaker.  This is the second one he has made for us.  The first one was to keep the dogs in the family room and this is for keeping babies off the stairs.

I rounded up all the paint I could find.

I had a vision and with my planning and explanations, Jon was able to make just what we needed.



The installation was a big hit with the yahoos.  They watched and of course, asked lots and lots of questions.

There is a lock on this side of the steps for obvious reasons.

I'm going to have to ask him what I was supposed to do with the piece of wood on the right side.  I can't remember.  Something about caulking and painting.  

I love it and it will be great when the littlest of the yahoos come.

Comments

Popular Posts