A Little Help From Our Friends

 

While we were out of town a storm blew in and blew a few limbs and a lot of walnuts down.  The Bruce boys were on the way to our house to help with a little project I couldn't finish but first things first...they cleaned up the mess and hauled it away.

Our old fly-thru feeder was falling apart piece by piece.  I decided to replace it with another feeder I had been storing behind the barn.  I tried and tried but I wasn't strong enough to get the metal thing out of the ground.  So Jon came over and just popped it right out. 

A few days later after working all day Kory came and set it in concrete.

I pied some dirt around the post along with a few of the ditch lily tubers.

I filled the feeder with seeds and added a new sunflower head for Bloom to the mix.

Now Walter and Pappy are watching to see if the birds like the new feeder.  I am sure the squirrel won't because I moved the gate that they were using to bypass the squirrel baffle.

Thanks, boys.  We now have a few new birds coming to the feeder!

Comments

Popular Posts