Vacation Highlights

 We got to go on a mountain excursion with the Zimmerman's.  Yes, that's right.  One of the Wamyville families wanted to spend time in the woods with us.  And we love that!

Here are the highlights.  Believe me when I say that you just need the highlights.  That is unless you have a few hours to spare going through pictures.

Started out early and found some fog.

The first stop was for breakfast in Lexington.  Pretty good coffee and donuts.

This is why they call them the smokies!

Our first elk sighting.

Deep Creek
Great Smokey Mountains National Park

For Ellis and Alaire

beautiful

Our home for a few days.  Awesome campground.  I highly recommend
Kirkland Creek Campground
Bryson City, NC

My first ever Whomp 'Em pie.  And it was the best one of the night.  Thank you to Steve Ritter for making my stick.  Going to need to practice.

We stopped at the NOC to watch some kayak classes.

One of my favorite places/farmstands/lunch spots and home of the best Dream Whips on the planet!

I could do this every hour of the day!

The tunnel at the end of The Road To Nowhere.

The Zimmerman's were our tour guides for our trip.  They did a great jog and we packed a lot in!

See the water behind us.  That is Fontana Lake.

Pappy's favorite activity on any vacation...dipping his toes in the water.

Jeremy's favorite activity...fly fishing for trout.

I made an apple cobbler in the Dutch oven for dessert.  Pretty darn good if I do say so myself.



The beauty takes your breath away.

Up close and almost personal with #320.

I have hiked some of every state on the Appalachian Trail and been camping in the mountains many times, always hoping that I would run into a bear.  On our way out of the Smokeys just before Gatlinburg, Tennessee, I got to 'see a bear in the woods'!  Marking it off of my Bucket List.

We had a great time.  Had delicious coffee every morning made by our own barista.  Breakfast by our chef and his sous chef.  Actually, all of our meals were great!  We had our travel agent fill us in our our daily itinerary.  Lots of campsite and creek entertainment provided by the AJ Entertainment Company. Nightly campfires were the icing on the cake!

I realized quite quickly that I may have lost some of my touch when it comes to camping. We have been spoiled too much by the Wammyville Peeps every time we have a campout.  All we are allowed to do is sit and enjoy ourselves, everything else is taken care of for us.  You might say that we are a lot spoiled in so many ways.

Thanks to our animal wrangles, the Valasic Family, Emmy, and the Bruce Family.  Can't forget the Garden Guru, Murph for seeing that all of the plants were loved on and watered.

Comments

Popular Posts