A Slow Learning Process For Me

 I decided back in the cold days of winter that I was going to teach myself how to paint with watercolors.  Very little did I know.  I have two 'experts that I can consult just about any time they aren't busy working.

So much to learn...taping your paper is a good idea.  Don't mix the clean water and the dirty water.  When do I wet my paper?  Can I paint without wetting my paper?  What brush do I use to do what with? Let each layer dry before adding another.  Can I use a paint pen or a Sharpie for the details?

Here are my attempts to become an artist.  Alaire has been so helpful with her critics.  I need to see Trevor face to face to ask him his questions.  So Trevor get ready.

My very first attempt.  

I've been watching videos.

I seem to gravitate to Andrea Nelson's Instagram.  This is her 'goth glue'.

tried mixing colors

But I think I love painting mountains the best.  Do you see the moose?

Alaire suggested that I add some salt.

My official 'don't let the yahoos use these' brushes.

I choose blue as the best.

Love these little long-necked puppies.

He is my favorite creature so far.

I love the look after I remove the tape from the edges.  I asked Alaire if I could use my white paint pens because I didn't have and cakes of white.  She gave me the okay and said it is called mixed media.  She is so artsy smart.

Love this guy!

Late one night I couldn't sleep.  So in when the headphones and I headed downstairs to the desk.

I have paintd tons of these chickens on rocks.  This is so different!

My version of happy little trees.  My sister says they look like the trees at her lake.

I think I did a good job with the shading in the water (my humble opinion) but the boats need work.  I will revisit this one in a few months when I have more videos under my belt.

If I had to choose one painting that I really like it would be this one.  I started out just painting circles.  I looked at them for a few days and they looked like little birds to me so that is what I made them into.   They make me smile!

Poor little sad thing!

I decided that I could paint cards!

Look closely and you will find me in my hammock in the woods!

This bag was specially made for me to carry all my watercolor stuff in.  It was made by our backyard neighbor, my second mom, Linda Zban.  I love it so much.  Alaire says that I need to pack it all up and bring it to her house the next time we come.  And we have already made plans to take our 'stuff' on our trip to the mountains of WV this summer.

Comments

Popular Posts