Wammyville Fall Campout

 I love that the Wammyville parents know that I love photos of the yahoos we we aren't together.  Some of the campers got to go early and set up.  And by setting up I mean that they got their homes for the weekend set up and then set up our tent so we wouldn't have to.  I'm telling you that take extra great care of us no matter what.

It makes my heart so happy that they all love books.  And some are now able to read to the others.


While the boys we sleeping Adi and I made some banana pudding to take to the campout.  She is a great sous chef.

The weather could have been better but the Sourkraut Festival was delicious...I mean, it was so much fun.  As far as you could see in front of you and behind you there were vendors lining both sides of the street.

We started out with honey crisp apples with caramel which were delicious.  I might have had one at the beginning of our exploration and maybe one at the end.  Soooo good.  But the best thing of the day was the thick fried bologna with kraut and yellow mustard.  I could have eaten three of them.

Just taking a little break on the wall.

Waiting for the rest of the crew to catch up.

We all made it back to the car safe and sound with lots of treasures and full bellies for sure.

Bryce, Sam, and Mia made it!  Let the playing begin!
They played in the rain and they didn't even care.  I was chilled to the bone so I hunkered down in my sleeping bag and didn't come out until the morning.  I even missed s'mores which NEVER happens.

These two crazies fit right in!


Bryce grew up camping and out in nature but somewhere along the line, I think he lost all of his camping sense.  They 'camped' in their car.  For a little bit anyway.  Mia had no problem but Bryce and Sam couldn't hack it.  

They were back on the road before 10:30.  It was miserably cold, wet, and windy.

The next morning we had to leave because we had a house full of boys getting ready to move to Michigan.  Saying see ya later is always tough for me.

I love that we still got to experience everything they did by pics they sent the rest of the campout.











Not only pics of the kids but of the food too.  We ALWAYS eat VERY WELL!

A pic says a thousand words.

Our crew was a little smaller this campout but still lots of fun.  This bunch is the best.  They take our tent and set it up for us, cook and clean up all the meals, let us play, and love on their kids.  You seriously couldn't ask for more!  We are looking forward to the spring campout!

Comments

Popular Posts