A Few New Busy Boxes For Preschool

 I've been on a roll.  There are so many cool ideas out there and I am so glad that teachers are willing to share their ideas and knowledge with this little bit rusty, back-in-the-day preschool teacher.  I have been able to learn some new tricks for this school year.

I have been introducing one new box every day.  This one is matching capital and lowercase letters.  Building the school bus gives them clues that their cards are in the correct place.

This is a three-for-one activity.  Matching the number and the seeds then counting out the correct number of seeds (small rocks).  They love sprawling out on the floor to work.

My best Dollar Tree purchase so far this year.  I got the boys their own chalkboard.  They think they are amazing.

We practice writing the letters and their names.  And to extend it a bit...they write the letter, erase it with a small piece of paper towel then erase it following the erased lines with a small piece of wet sponge.  Another three-for-one activity.  Again they are amazed!

Comments

Popular Posts