On The Road Again

 

This is what his finish looked like.  I kind of did the grandma elbow thing to get up on the fence to get that shot.

Right after the race and he is headed for the team tent.

Can you pick him out?  For this race, I looked for the tallest, most handsome runner, that had bright yellow spikes.

And this is how he got to the finish.

Coming up on the inside.

They were dropping like flies.

Look!  He is lighter than air.

He's pushing it up the little hill and around the corner to the finish.

And the rest is history.

A little side story that has nothing to do with the race.  We needed to take two cars because right after the race Trevor had to go to work.  He drove our car back so there would be room for all of us in Cassie's car for our ride back.  We stopped at Chewy's for a late lunch and then headed back.  Skip ahead to Sunday while we were packing to go back home and I noticed that our tires looked really shiny.  I said something and come to find out Trevor had detailed the car.  I can't tell you how long I have been wanting to do that.  It smelled like a new car.  And he filled the tank up!

I now know how Mark's grandmother felt about all those trips she took to the beach with Terry and Mark in the backseat.  We did not have a bit of room to move.

I might have woken myself up snoring a few times.

Winnie and I might have snuck upstairs and taken a little nap after all the festivities.

Trevor fired up the pizza oven for lunch on Sunday.

That's my pizza!


Cassie made some of her famous chocolate chip cookies.  And then we feasted on some of her equally famous cowboy cookies.

Cassie has a small vegetable garden in the backyard while there are flower beds on every side of the house.  And I didn't take one pic of any of them.  I did like these little purple flowers.  I think she said this was purple Verbena.

These look amazing!  These are Bells Of Ireland.  We gathered some seeds to plant next year in our yard.


We managed to finish the book we were listening to and made it home before dark.  It was a good but too quick trip.

Comments

Popular Posts