Beautiful Day At The End Of The Road

 Trying once again to get some use out of my fishing license.  No luck again today.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.









Cassie and Alaire walk toward the big rocks.

Early morning sites.

 The sound is so calming.

I found some lavender bee balm.

an empty hummingbird nest

We picked delicious wild raspberries.  They were right outside the back door and all down the road.

Some plants I did not know.

My little friend on the deck.

Some flowers along the side of the cabin.

wild raspberries


Just a little something interesting growing out of the ditch.

We tried to play a different game every night while Ellis and Alaire had their nightly homemade milkshake...or two.

I asked Alaire if she would teach me how to make some simple bracelets.

I learned how to make one really well and I made it in 6-8 colors.  Then she tried to teach me how to make a different pattern.  Nope couldn't do it so she finished it on the way home in the truck.  I think she felt sorry for me.

I ended up finding a few books in the library that I just couldn't put down...My Brother The River and New River: bonnets, apple butter, and moonshine.
They both reminded me of the stories that Mark's dad would tell about his youth.  I might have ordered myself some copies.  One was filled with wonderful recipes.

Comments

Popular Posts