And We Are Off On Another Adventure


This is the famous Michael Bag.  During the year it is what I save the 'fun, vacation money' in.  It is actually a pencil bag from when Michael was in elementary school.  Ellis and Alire think it is the funniest (best) thing ever.
 
I don't know why all the sour faces.  First breakfast on vacation at their favorite bagel shop...Everything Bagel in Eastgate.  Maybe it was because we had to get up early.

We had to make an emergency stop on the side of the road.  MY kayak had come untied!  Cassie was driving behind us thank heavens and Trevor called in a panic...PULL OVER NOW!

Piece of cake.  Retied it and we were on our way in less than 10 minutes.

My home sweet WV home!

I know I have said this before and I will probably say it every single time we drive by the capital...It's she beautiful?!?

We stopped for 'Linner' in Wytheville at this really cute, very clean pizza place.  My sandwich we great.  Their pizza was not so good.

Our Walmart grocery pick-up.  Cassie asked for meal suggestions.  She and Mark made the grocery list.  We gathered things that we should need from our houses and we ended up having to buy a huge cooler.  And there might have been more runs to Walmart during the week.  It was only 30 minutes away.

Our cabin for the week.  The Bears Lair and we could walk down the backyard to river access.

Ellis quickly found his spot for the week.  Music and his camera were his comfort zone.

Pappy for a comfy leather recliner...his spot for the week.

Trevor loves to grill so this was his spot for the week...rain or shine.

After dinner dancing with Pappy.

Cassie cooked every meal all week long and I was sous chef and clean-up crew.

Be sure to vote in the Photo Challenge.  It is in a separate blog.  Bragging rights are very important to this bunch.

This year the voting is different.  We had no internet service at the cabin so when every time anyone had to go up the road I would give them my phone and they would bring it back filled with all the things I had missed in the week.  I'm telling you that I seriously had a hard time with that.  I think maybe my family is right...I am addicted.

So please be patient I have lots to share and very little time to sit and share it.  We have a super busy week coming up!

Comments

Popular Posts