An Eventful Day

 We started out with a lazy morning which is what you do on vacation right?  I was nailing it.  And it felt so good.

Since it was going to be such a great day we decided to tube down the river.  We drove to a different put-in up the river from the house so we could float to the cabin and take out the kayaks there. Oh, my word.  I wish I had a camera that would withstand getting wet.  The pics would be amazing.  The river was beautiful! The riffles were fun.  The rocks not so much.  We kept getting stuck.  Ellis was on the kayak so he shouted the best place to go thru the riffles.  Sometimes it worked and we made it through without getting hung up but most of the time we had to stand up and get through them.  I was so sore by the time we finished my arms were dead weight.  My ankles wouldn't bend and I was exhausted.  We all came home and plopped in a chair, a hammock, or a bed.

I can't remember if this was lunch or dinner.  Another family challenge...Create two original pizzas.

Just look at those babies!

We had to rank them 1-12.  The chef with the least number of votes won.  Meaning their pizzas were ranked number 1 or a low number.

Alaire's Balsamic Glaze Piaaz won first place.  Second place was Ellis's Buffalo Bleu.  Pappy's Pineapple Jerk came in third.  It was fun and interesting.  My family loves some heat to their food.  Me, not so much so I was looking for the acid reducer and the sodium bicarbonate.

My mouth cooled off with a piece of Cassie's famous Key Lime Pie. (You know the recipe that I used to wine the Dessert Cook-Off at Eastside a few months back).

We got to meet the owner of the house.  Nice man!  And of course, Pappy found out about his history.  He told us that a neighbor had seen a momma bear and three cubs come to the river to drink.  Oh please can we see them?!?! The Oakes made another trip to Walmart and they took my phone so when service was in range all my emails and messages would come through.  My link to the outside world.

We played games until we couldn't keep our eyes open.

Comments

Popular Posts