Gabe's Turn

 Oh my gosh was Gabe ever so excited!

In the blog before you found out that we went to Sam's baseball game.  Gabe was so good.  He had a good time I think.

After the game, Bryce took us all out for dinner.  This is a challenge for Gabe.  But we ended up at Jimmy John's. I kept wondering what he would eat.  He was excited.

He had several pieces of cheese.

Gabe is very photogenic but I have to say that this is going to be one of my all-time favorite pictures of him.  We turned on his sound machine and the next thing I know he is sound asleep.  There was no crying or whining.  No read me 6 books.  Now why questions.  And he slept with the door open. Just soft snoring!  It was a miracle!

Bright and early, around 6:30 AM I hear a big voice calling me and asking if he can get up.  I said sure.  He went downstairs to get a drink of water then made it back to bed to sleep with me for another hour.  He must have heard Pappy making coffee around 7:30.  Next thing I know he and Pappy are eating donuts at the schoolroom table.

The donut was as big as his head.  And he might have licked a few licks and then he was all finished.  I know for a fact that he had a lot of milk.

The next thing I hear is two splats on the kitchen floor.
I tried so hard to clean it up but nope I had to head for the bathroom.  I just can't do it.  Good thing Pappy can clean it all up.  

I took Gabe upstairs and gave him a really good shower.  Bless his heart he is a trooper.  We called his parents to tell them what happened and Kory came to get him.  I sent him home with a garbage bag tucked under his chin just in case.  He did get sick a few more times but after 24 hours was fine.  Just a nasty ole bug.





Comments

Popular Posts