The Waiting Game

 My eyes have finally gotten so bad that I can't see to drive at night.  Cataracts, floaters, astigmatism, and maybe just plain old eyes have driven me to this point.


Mark knows his way around this place pretty well.  He and his doctor, Dr. Foster, are best buds.

When I made the appointment they said that the appointment would be 2-4 hours.  They were not kidding.

We did a whole lot of waiting but I was sporting my chicken socks for World Down Syndrome Day.

Waiting for Station #1.

Waiting to get in here for eye testing.  We had the greatest person.  She reminded us so much of Porche...they could have been identical twins.

Couldn't read a word of these colorful posters with my glasses on or off.

Finally waiting don't the doctor to join the party.  I like her.  She is young and seems to know her stuff...Dr. Samantha Schockmann.

I am so glad that I stuck these awesome Eastside sunglasses in my pocket.  By the time had dilated eyes, blue, white, and red lights thrown at my eyes, watching fingers go from side to side, up and down, and then all around...I was so nauseous.  I just put my head back, closed my eyes, and hoped we made it home in a hurry.

Surgery for the right eye was scheduled for April 3 but that didn't happen.  The doctor had an emergency so I got bumped.  Now we are looking at Thursday, April 13. This will include two post-op appointments and then they are going to work on my left eye on April 27, my sister's birthday, with two post-op appointments.  Then in June, I'll have another 2-4 hour appointment.

I'm looking forward to it but not all at the same time.




Comments

Popular Posts