We Were Robbed

 I was so looking forward to seeing big flakes gather in the front yard.  I had visions of mountains of warm blankets to warm me up after playing in the snow.  Along with big wool socks and lots of cups of hot chocolate with marshmallows.

This is our snowman right when the yahoos went home.  In my head, I was thinking I'd take a picture so we could compare them at school the next morning.  I had visions of snow being at least up to the bottom of the scarf.

My blinds were up all night so I could see it happening.  Every time I checked there was nothing but rain.  I'd listen to my book and drift off for a bit.  But then right back up to the window.  Around 3am I gave up the ship and rolled over and closed my eyes and slept until I heard Ollie barking because he was excited about breakfast.

This is what I woke up to!  I was so sad.  Not a very happy camper.  The saving grace of the entire situation was that Milford Schools called for a Snow Day today and they did it last night so I didn't need to stay up all night waiting for the text to come through.

Poor little snowman.  Here's hoping and doing the Snow Dance for another night.  Tomorrow is another day.

Comments

Popular Posts