Soft Preschool Day With Lots Of Turkeys

 I mean the two-legged humankind and the two-legged good-tasting ones.

We have been overcommitted for a week or so and I am starting to feel it in my bones. I'm learning to say no but it is a challenge for me. I look ahead at the next few days and I just want to get under my covers with my hand warmer and rest.  So last night I texted all of our preschool moms and explained the situation to them.  So today we had lots of reading favorite books, snuggles, and low-key activities.  And it was amazing!

I was upstairs cleaning up after breakfast and the boys asked me not to come downstairs because they were decorating for Christmas.  This is what they were so excited for me to see.


And I can let you know that they cleaned up every block and toy!

They love a good game of BINGO.  This time we got to use our acorn erasers for markers.  Numbers 1-12.

Levi the pumpkin gambler.

Jase counting pumpkin seeds.

While the older boys worked with their Busy Boxes Gabe and I worked on the letter E.

I tried something new. I got each of the boys a Pop-It and a bowl of corn kernels.  Using the pincer grasp they had to fill each section.  First with one kernel and then two.



Then we had a little bit of 'NATURE SCHOOL'.

We talked about the different shapes and colors of the leaves.  We thought about turkeys and what color their feathers were.   Then we were on the hunt for leaves of all colors, shapes, and sizes.

I wish I could have  Nature School like the Cincinnati Nature Center has.

Levi working hard.

His very specific turkey.

Jase had a vision even before we went outside.

So colorful.

Gabe was all over it.  He collected a large bag of leaves.

We had a discussion about when you look at something with two eyes from the side you can only see one eye.  But you know that the other one is there.  A few of them lifted up their turkeys and looked for the eye on the other side.  It made me laugh.

Tomorrow I think we will name them.

I didn't have a chance to switch out the October books for the November ones so we watched a YouTube video...


Comments

Popular Posts