Our First Snow

It was going to be a dusting.  If you know me and I hear the s-word I am craning my neck out any near window. I took a WAMMY SNOW IS COMING DAY and made myself a little nest in the down comforter and put my book on and lay in wait.

Here it comes!

There is more and it is getting colder.

Look at that!

Out our bedroom window.


Official measurement in the snow spot on the patio table with the official Keith B Ellis, Ellis Furniture yardstick...
1 BIG INCH!

The Farmer's Almanac says that whatever number day of the month the first snow happens that is the indicator of how many snows we will have in the winter.  So Nov 12...11 more snows.  I'm ready,  have plenty of hot chocolate and books all lined up!

Taking a teachable moment here...we will be counting the days of snow and recording the number of snows and what days they happen.  The preschooler/PK boys will be writing in the numbers.  As you can see I am hoping for more than 12.

Comments

Popular Posts