I Got Cut Free

 Well almost free.  I made an appointment with Dr. Reilly 3 months out but if I feel like everything is going okay I can cancel.  So I guess that is good news.  And my PT time at the office has ended but not at home.

Last x-ray! If you know what you are looking for you can see the new bone growth and where the breaks were.  You can also see that my hand was pushed down and to the right, making my left arm shorter than my right arm.  I can live with that.

I also have to live with the fact that due to the trauma this disease that I have always had because of my Scotch Irish heritage is now coming to the forefront.


I now have a little divot about an inch under my ring fingering my palm with a few nodules.  Eventually, my finger will draw up and rest against my palm.  Surgery is a possibility so we will see.

I ordered a new compression glove because the brown one isn't quite doing its job anymore.  I'm still taking meds for the pain and swelling along with soaking it in hot water..  Using my egg, clothespin, 2 and 3-pound weights, and hammer.  And of course my heating glove and rice bag. Adding something new a cream for arthritis that has also popped up.  Man, it stinks getting old.

Then today when I was making my little nest of coziness near the window so I could watch it snow when I spilled my hot mocha on my bad hand.  It could develop a few blisters.  Not to worry I quickly put my Amish B&W ointment on it and covered it with the first gause compression glove. 

So I'm off to add two more exercises to my routine. 



Comments

Popular Posts