Aunt Dory's Celebration Of Life

 

Mark and I hit the road really early for a trip to Sylvia, NC.

The sky was on fire!

The further south we got the more naked the trees were.

We went to celebrate the life of my Aunt Dory...one of my dad's two sisters.

Some people say the older I get the more I look like her.

Cousin Kim, Aunt Dory, and Aunt Judy...my dad's other sister.  They are a hoot!

Seems every time Aunt Dory was in town we went out to eat which was always fun!  My sister joined us this time.

Let the Celebration begin!
Beau put together a slide show that was so good.  Notice I got front row center with my own tissue box.  They know me well.

Her friends all came and brought the best food around.  A really nice bunch...The Wine Bunch.


She loved a good bottle of wine.

We were getting instructions from Beau about scattering the ashes in the yard below the house.

Kim and I did it together, representing the family because it was too heavy for me to handle alone.

Mark found a little 1937 motor inn for us to stay in.  This is what it looked like back in the day.

We stayed in Villa 1.  So cute!


Love the doors!


We ventured out into the night to see what we could find to eat.  We like to find little hole-in-the-wall places because they always seem to have the best food.  This little place was in Haywood just down the road from where we stayed.  I loved that you had to enter from the parking lot through the back door.


Yes, it was BBQ, and man oh man was it ever delish!
We rolled ourselves out to the car and back to the villa.

Only to wake up and meet the cousins at The Buttered Biscuit in NC.  You know you have picked a winner when there is no parking,  There were three State Trooper cars and a line of about 10 motorcycles parked in special parking right up front.

We got there a little early so Mark went in and got me a cup of coffee.  They even included a spoon.  Guess Mark looked honest.

I'm ready to drive the 6 hours just for breakfast at The Buttered Biscuit so I could get another cathead biscuit.  Next time I'm getting the biscuit topped with strawberries.  It looked amazing!  The country ham hit the spot.

They are so silly. Together with the help of the Wine Club, they put together a celebration Aunt Dory would have loved.

We don't get together much anymore.  Growing up went spent most Sundays at our grandparent's house.  We are missing my sister and Kim's brother and sister.  Years ago we lost our cousin Tom, the orneriest of the Drenan boys!

Comments

Popular Posts