Can There Be A Double Full Moon?

 If so, today was the day! At one point all three boys were sitting at the table with their heads down thinking about how to control their feet, hands, and voices.  Thinking this was an effective means of getting my point across...ha!  Then the worst thing happened...the Treasure Chest remained locked until next Thursday.

Not to say that the entire day was a bust.  We did get a lot of things accomplished and did some fun activities.

Following our regular morning routine, we had a rather challenging scavenger hunt. We love the book Room On The Broom.  I made pieces of all the objects that the witch lost and hid them around the room.  We have scavenger hunts all the time and they love them.  But this time I challenged their little eyes just a bit more.  It took them a while and many clues to find them all.

We had Art Class today. I actually used the activity to see how well they were listening to instructions.

Step by step I drew on the chalkboard and they were doing their best to listen to the instructions and then draw on their own papers.

We also got to read one of my all-time favorite stories for this time of year.  The book was published a year before Cassie and Emmy were born.  These are their frightened faces!

After our time of reflection at the table I brought out the corn cobs and the boys de-kernelled them.  I figured they would need to concentrate really hard on this activity and it would keep them quiet, calm, and engaged.




And then we went outside to run!

Comments

Popular Posts