First Wammyville Campout In The Books

 

Who knew that a little wild hair would turn into something so special.

This was in Kory and Mandie's camper.  Perfect!!

The adventure began early afternoon for this bunch.

The first yahoo's to arrive.

Then the Zimmerman's.

Erin got her 10-person tent up faster than we could get ours up.  We were our next-door neighbors.

I'm not saying what I think might be going on in this shot because their parents are in the background.

This was the best thing ever!  I've got to come up with a clever name for it...Hillbilly Wiffleball maybe?

This man loves to cook.  And does he ever do an awesome job!  Burnt ends made from pork butt.  Appetizer for the adults.

Amanda taking orders for dinner...burgers and dogs.

Dinner is served.





They couldn't get enough of it.

Almost everyone brought their four-legged friends.  Levi and Avery brought Lily. We chose not to and it probably was the best choice ever.  Ollie would have driven everyone crazy with his happy, play with me barking.

I would love to know how many miles those little yellow boots carried him all weekend.

Louie learning to ride his bike.  He did ride a little bit by himself and he was so pleased.

One of Gabe's dogs...Riley.

As I was going out of the garage I found this oversized beach ball and decided to throw it in the truck.

Wammy for the win!  We used it all weekend and then Ellie got to take it home.

I'm just saying, the best game ever.  Christa gave me a bag of Wiffle balls and I am using my catfish pole to 'pitch'.

Erin's guard dogs, Patch and Temple.  And they did a great job...if someone walked by late at night they let them know that they were not welcome here.  I'm glad they were there to keep us secure.

Still at it!

Sometimes you just need a little downtime in the AC.

A whole lot of nothin' going on.

And then it was night!  And that means a campfire!  One of my favorite things about a campout.  And add s'mores to that and you have a winner, winner, chicken dinner in my book!

Bryce, our oldest son, helping his daughter, Mia, with her marshmallow.



Sam, our grandson, with his very burnt marshmallow...just the way that I like them.  He was so proud!


Something that Bryce can now add to his resume...Camp Activities Director...nightly ghost stories around the campfire.

Pappy adds just a little suspense.

Then...oh the stories about this sauna for a tent.  Bryce is somewhere around 6'5" and the tent wasn't even close to that.  Add two blow-up swimming rafts for sleeping pads and one actual camp pad and you have a really HOT mess.  But look almost all of them are smiling.

We were able to rearrange things in our tent so they would fit...well almost all of them.

We had some REALLY LOUD neighbors.  Bryce and I were up until 5am!  It was a very long and hot night.  It was a long night for everyone in our area of the campground I feel sure.

Day one in the books!  My favorite memory...Louie taking three petals on his bike without me holding on.  That big sweet smile of his was worth all the sweat running down my back!

Comments

Popular Posts