Day 6, I Think

 

The only sign I managed to get and it was a drive-by.  Mark just would not stop to get a pic of us with any sign.

Nice path to the Alluvial Fan.

Cairn makers dream


She's getting good.

Ellis was sitting on a boulder twice as tall as me and about as wide as our house.


Then somehow we managed to find the most wonderful, backcountry picnic place.

Alaire put her drink in the water to get it cold.  And let me just tell you how cold the water was...numbed your feet in two seconds.

I could have put my hammock up and stayed for a long time.


Slipslider and Goat Boy are on top of a huge rock.

Lily Lake

CO Blue Columbine

So any mayflies.

Adventures with Wammy

Back to Estes to eat at one of their favorite places.

big burgers

It is tradition to put your American flag somewhere on the wall.


Another moose sighting.  Yea!


Mark surprised me!  The last time we were here was with a group of youth from Mt Washington Baptist Church when the girls were in junior high.


Mark would sit in a rocking chair on the porch and terrorize the kids by having them play silly games like Simon Says.  The highlight of every trip he has ever been on.  

And Bryce would lay on his belly by a prairie dog hole waiting for it to stick its head out.  Hours!

Comments

Popular Posts