This Has Been Happening

What a process.  Way back in the year we had a little backup of the septic system.  Let me just say GROSS.  Then fast forward to Feb and I started to paint the basement.  Emmy and I started painting the ceiling.  OH, man!  We or I should say I bit off way more than I could chew.

So Pappy taking a load off called in the big guns to paint.  Matt Ritter saves the day.

The only problem was that we had a house full of kids.  But Spring Break happened and we were able to get most of it finished.

There was a section of baseboard that we needed to replace.  FIVE trips to Lowes and Home Depot and we finally got a piece that would work.  Matt worked his magic and cut it and then put it up and painted it.


This is the first color I picked out.  Nope looked great on the sample but on the wall, it was way too blue.

So back to the drawing board.  Here are the new choices.

For Matt to get a good trim job on the sides of the steps I pulled up the carpet.  One problem there are tack strips on the back of each step.  That means that you have to come down sideways really slow so you don't picture your feet.  It was an interesting few days.

The old with the new.  It will be so nice...might even look like adults use this room also.

ark and I were able to move all the furniture, minus the couch into the laundry room.  The yahoos loved all the space.  They mainly used it for running.


The man is a wizard with a paintbrush and roller.

So back to the paint.  This is the color card I chose.  Then I got to thinking that we used two grays in the schoolroom and kitchen.  Can you see that thumbprint in the right corner?  That is the color we ended up with...one of the schoolroom colors.  Could have saved us several trips to the Big Box stores if I had been brilliant sooner.

The painting is complete!

The white ceilings look great!

Oh no, the TV is off the wall.  I knew that meant a trip to COSTCO.  Oh, Pappy!

Will you look at that!  I changed out the old brass knobs and hinges for black ones.  All by myself!  I feel so accomplished.  How long will that door stay pretty and white?

Then we had to choose the carpet.  We went to Carpetland in Milford because we have a friend from church, Greg, the doorman, Theilman works there.  We chose a carpet only to find out that we had to choose another one.  Greg brought samples to the house and we chose the dark gray in the upper right corner.

The painting is all finished.

The room looks huge.

And now Pappy has a huge TV.

Jon Milligan is a trooper!  He spent one entire day switching out all-new white outlet covers and switches.

I did this one all by myself.  I even did the electrical part.  And didn't get shocked.

Now just waiting for the carpet to be installed.

Wammyville parents moved all the couch sections into the laundry room.

The yahoos love all the room to run!  It seems so big!

The carpet is in!

Wammyville helped place all the furniture in their new places.



I moved the cedar chest that Mark's grandfather built into the room from its home in the laundry room.  The top is pretty water damaged and until I have the time to refinish it, it will be covered with something.  For now, it is a quilt I made for Mark's mom.

I split up the couch.  I now have a little chair all to myself with the ottoman.

The 'toy containment center.'  We will see how it will work in keeping the millions of pieces in one place.

Added plus...carpet up the stairs and at the landing got replaced.  The first time Michael stepped on it he said he likes it because it felt great on his feet.  So plush.

Next job to tackle...putting all the stuff on the walls.  What I call juzzing.  And figuring out what we are going to use for window coverings





Comments

Popular Posts