So Many Blogs

 March was fast and furious.  So many things to do.  My blogging time got cut off and now ai am trying to catch up so I can move on into April.  Ha, it is  already April 2 and I am still behind.

Way back at the beginning of March Mark had a big birthday.  He turned 70.  I took tons of late-night secret phone calls, a couple thousand texts to all over the country, I had to block him from FB so he couldn't see the invitation, and TONS of help from the girls, our small group, Wammyville peeps, neighborhood peeps, and church family.  I think he was actually surprised!

Wammyville peeps put out signs in the front yard.  That was the first surprise.

And people were driving by and honking!

Then we headed to church for the Big Surprise!  I didn't take one pic I guess I was just so excited to see how wonderful everything looks and all the people that we got to love on.

My sister and her family came.  They live about 3 hours away.

Wammyville peeps

Wammyville and church peeps

Crazy fun peeps

sweet peeps

More Wammyville peeps.

My side of the family

Cupcakes by Deb Miller and Marji Sick

More Wammyville peeps.

Wammyville yahoos

Decorations were in OHIO STATE colors and everything else was coordinated with that.

Bet you can't guess...Wammyville yahoos.

Murph and Bridgit...always lending a hand or two when needed.

The first person Mark saw when he came into the church was Ms Ruby from our days at MWBC in Mt Washington.

There was tons of yummy food!  It all tasted great and looked even better.  

I sent out a request on FB for all that wanted to please send a card to the birthday boy.  My goal was 70 to match his age.  I can tell you that he got well over that number.  Lots had very special notes...

some had flower seeds with funny messages.

His brother and his family came by the hose to help open all the cards.

Emmy's crew and Cassie's kids hung up all the cards.

What a display it was!


I wish I could thank everyone involved personally...I tried to do just that but I am sure that I missed someone.  This could not have ever taken place if there weren't so many people willing to help.

THASNK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

Comments

Popular Posts