Campout In The Basement

 One day last week we had a campout in the basement.  Why you might ask?  Because the painter had finished painting and the only thing that was left in the basement was the couch.  The next day the new carpet was being put down.

I drug all the sleeping bags to the basement along with pillows and we began our campout.

It didn't take long for Jase, the yahoo that doesn't nap, to crash.

And then there is Gabe...the child that sometimes doesn't know the meaning of naptime.

But he finally gave in.

And this one needed to work his way through the construction sight before he could rest.

Ahhhh, at last.

And then you have Pappy and his best bud, Avery.  I have a feeling this might be a daily thing.

It was a miracle!  Everyone took a nap and I got to pretend to be in my tent in my sleeping bag listening to a book.  It literally is the small stuff that gets me through some days.




Comments

Popular Posts