Visitors From The Past

 First, you need a little back story and I have probably written about it a few times in the past, bo please bare with me.

When we moved back to OH from WI we had an almost 4-year-old with us named Michael.  We ended up in Milford, which I am so thankful for, and we began looking for a preschool.  Our experience in WI was....not what I thought it should be.  I knew what I was looking for...a classroom where there were expectations and consequences.  We dropped in (I like doing it that way) at Milford Preschool and were given the school tour.  We went to one classroom and the director was telling us all about it.  In the back of the room, there were a few teachers and I guess they were listening to our conversation and this one young blonde teacher said something like I'm you girl.  She ran her classroom just like the one that I had dreamed about.  I said sign us up!

The year started and Michael began his preschool wake-up call.  He and Ms. Westerman had a few run-ins.  One I remember had to do with a brand new box of crayons that he broke in half because he didn't like to color.  Ms. Westerman ended up with an apology, a box of new crayons, and probably a week's supply of chocolate.  I loved her from the first minute I met her.

Fast forward a bit...she got engaged and married..now she was Mrs. Thompson, but we still kept in touch.  I told her when she had kids I was her girl!  Then fast forward a giant step...

And Wammyville began back in 2008.  If I do the math right that is 14 years! First with Alyson.  Then Carter.  And then Madison.

And here they are all grown up!  This pic makes my heart so happy.  They got to come and spend the day during their spring break.

Madi wanted to read them a story.  So yes, special guest reader, have at it girl!  She had to read the story to herself to make sure she knew all the words.

We may have started to plant a little early.  But we needed to get some of that good soil before gardens get started

Ally even helped with table work.

Some counting and number tracing practice.

As you can see our special reader is also an artist.  She illustrated the story so she could quiz them on what she just read to them.

Asher loves working under the table.

Jase chose the hallway which I was amazed at because everyone does what Louie does.

Louie found a little table.

More digging in the good dirt.

Jase loves to draw maps for treasure hunts.

Everyone loves to go to the bus stop to pick up Ava.  Her kind bus driver always has a sucker for whoever is waiting.

They both are in seventh heaven!

Carter just couldn't find a safe place where there were no yahoos.

She loves it!

Ava says it might be a little nippy and we need to go in.

We all had a blast and are looking forward to the next time they come to Wammyville to help or just hang around.  Man, they grow up so fast.

Comments

Popular Posts