Sad But Good Trip

 I made a very nerve-wracking trip to Brandenburg, KY last week to attend a Celebration of Life for a dear friend from our days of summer camping at Star Point Resort on Dale Hollow Lake.

I got up to a little bit of snow coming down which turned into white-out conditions not long after I got on 275.  I was a nervous wreck for a good three days it seemed.

I wish I could tell you all the stories that involve these three. They are our lake family. They are known as the Funk's...Jackie, Kenny, and Mike but we have always called him Poops!  We all look basically the same just a little bit older.  We still laugh about the same stories.  Still tease each other.  And there was lots of laughing and hugging.

I am so glad that I was able to make the trip.  I got to put names to faces of daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, grandkids, and great-grandkids.  I got to hug on Alice and hear stories about Jerry that I didn't know.  The celebration was just that a celebration of a life well-lived with unconditional love for family and friends and most of all his love for Jesus.  Yes, there were many tears shed but there were also lots of smiles.


Comments

Popular Posts