SURPRISE Pappy!

 Boy and I glad that is over.  Because it was so hard to keep it a secret.  A little story to start it all off.  A few weeks ago Wammyville decided to throw Pappy a surprise 70th birthday party at one of his favorite places, Cazadores.  Now it gets interesting.  Pappy loves to eat as we all know.  He also likes to meet new people at church.  Put the two together and you have surprise lunch dates after church.  I never know when he will decide to do this.  So last week he invited the couple that sits in front of us when we sit in the back.  Super...there is a surprise party planned for the same time and the same place.  What am I to do?  Do I just act like nothing is wrong?  Does everyone show up at the same time and give it our best shot?  Can you call and uninvited someone?  Man, what a great first impression that it.  

I tried really hard to snoop around to find out the couples name (Mark told me several times but I always forgot...I'm old that way).  By the grace of God I found their names and their phone number.  So I called Christina and explained the situation.  She just laughed and said that was fine.  We planned to look at our calendars to see if this Sunday we could meet for lunch.  Then I had to ask her to lie to Mark. Because I just couldn't do it.  Tell him she was sick or something came up last minute.  What a sport...something family related came up at the last minute...wink, wink!

Another layer...when I came down from teaching upstairs Mark told me that they had to reschedule. I acted so surprised and went on and on about it like I tend to do (according to my family).  Then he proceeded to tell me that he had invited five other couples and none of them could join us.  Thank you Jesus for intervening on my behalf.  I told him that I had been tasting tableside guacamole all week so we had to go to Cazadores anyway.  So off we drove.

Now to the party. 

We had our own special Party Room complete with a huge gold 70 at the door.  They were taking bets on who would cry.  Any guesses?

Pappy ordered tableside guacamole...one for every table.

The 'sisters' Ava and Adilyn.

The Zimmerman's

Pappy, Wammy, and Erin

The Smith's

The Bruce's

Some of the Jech's

Almost all the Wammyville kids.  

What great fun!  We love our Wammyville Family!  We appreciate everyone of them for so many, many reasons.  It has been a blast so far.  And I can only imagine that the best is yet to come.  But I must write it here for the public to read and for them to keep me accountable...three more years, unless something happens, right?

Thanks everyone!!!

So it is on to Pappy's Birthday Week!

Comments

Popular Posts