Freezing Rain or Sleet

 


So today I made myself sleep in.  It probably worked since I was up looking out the window all night long waiting and hoping for something.  And this is what I woke up to.

That would be ice.  Or maybe it should be called ice crystals.  Sleet?  Freezing rain?  All I know is that is it slicker than snot.

The dogs love it.  They just don't care.  They run around like nuts! Chase non-existing squirrels.  Sniff everything in the yard.  Chew on whatever they can find.

I thought about shoveling the driveway but it aI would just have to do it again in a bit.  Plus it is sooo slick I am a little afraid of trying to shovel.  With the skis I have for feet I could just skate to the creek. across the street.

Michael spent a good 30 minutes getting the ice off his car so he could get to work.  I held my breath as he made his way down the driveway.  He didn't slide at all so now I can start breathing again.

And on the way back in I found our first flower of the year.  A precious little snowdrop!

Just got a morning repost from Cassie.  They have nine inches!!

Comments

Popular Posts