Chili And Dessert Cook-Off At Eastside

 I love this night.  It is always fun no matter the outcome.  But this year was even more special because Murph was with us!!


We decided that we should decorate our table special for Murph and Bridgit.  A few years ago my dear friend Betsy and I made these turkeys.  Then I painted some acorns and some rocks with #beyondblessed from Eastside sermon series and #thebeatgoeson from Maggie for Murph.

Shannon sets a pretty amazing table.  Maybe next year they might consider adding a table decorating contest.

My first batch of Heart Healthy Chili...can I just say yuck and leave it at that?

My second attempt was better but still not exactly how I wanted it to taste.  This was really tomatoey and sweet.

Mark has made several over the week and I think this was the best tasting.  But it had a little too much kick for me.

I also mixed up a little something for the kids.  We made this t Preschool this week for our feast and it was so good.

Here are all our entries.  Three chilies and one dessert.  The dessert is called Apple Crisp.  The recipe is from our daughter Emmy's four-year-old preschool teacher Linda Cummings.  I've been making it for over 40 years!  It tastes as good forty years later as I remember tasting it the first time.

Then making sure that Murph had enough good food to eat we whipped up a huge fruit tray.

I wore my lucky shoes.

I promised Julie that I would take pics for her since she couldn't be there.
There were so many great entries.  Glad I wasn't a judge.

They had to add more tables!


Mark was devastated because neither of his entries didn't make the cut.  He is still known as the former winner.  Maybe next year!

This is what is left of the Apple Crisp.  As I was packing up to go home a lady came over and swiped her finger in the pan to get the last of the crumbs.

And the winners are...
Kory Rockhold, a Wammyville parent, was runner up with his venison chili...I call it Bambi chili.  And then Deb Larbes, a member of our Life Group, was Dessert Champion!  No one in their right mind would go up against her in any bake-off.  She is always the winner in my book!

Runner-ups!

This night is always a fun night and one that I look forward to every year.  But I can tell you after the week is over I don't want to have chili for a few months.

I love what the lower right corner says...
'Also known as the "Yo Did An Almost Good Enough Job To Win!' Prize.

#Iameastside  #beyondgrateful  #thebeatgoeson

Comments

Popular Posts