Last Friday Of Summer

 Friday marked the last day of summer for the Wammyville Preschoolers.  Preschool begins on the Tuesday after Labor Day.

I don't think they actually realize that we have been in preschool already.  I wanted to make sure that we all were on the same page with preschool rules.  Like lining up.  Waiting for your turn.  Bathroom breaks.  Table manners.  Learning the prayer for lunch.  Sharing. Problem-solving...and the list goes on and on.

Busy Boxes are played with one at a time and you must put your box away when you are finished like you found it ready for the next friend to use.

Teamwork is very important.  Taking turns is also.  Adi is helping the boys with a new set of puzzles (thank you, Christa, they love them) before she heads to kindergarten.

Cooperation and using your words to communicate what is on your mind.

Celebrating accomplishments...

with your buds is the best.

And cooperating with Wammy when she wants a shot to remember a great time.

I sat at my desk around the corner so I could hear what was going on.  I didn't want them to know that I was listening so I could see how they would do on their own.  And I must say that I am proud of their problem-solving skills.

To celebrate the day we had the best tasting watermelon.  So proud of Levi for giving it a no thank you bite.

Louie brought it and I cut it into 'popsicle sticks' which were are a big hit.  Thanks, Jon!

Connor could have eaten his weight in it.

Say a little prayer for all of us on Tuesday around 1pm when we line up and enter the world of Wammyville Preschool.  Five boys.  Three are starting their second year and two will join the fun.  I'm not going to lie...I am a little nervous about having five boys.  It could get a little hairy.  I have to revamp some of the lesson plans and change up some of the activities to be more boy-friendly.  Going to have to keep them busy!

Comments

Popular Posts