You Never Know Where We Will Be

 Emmy's 'kids' are trying out rowing this summer.  We worked our way all the way through downtown and then some to make it to the Licking River Bridge in Newport/Covington.  Let me just tell you that I am not a fan of heights and shaking bridges  But I held on tight and said a prayer or two and got these two pics.

They looked like what we called water-walkers when I was a little girl...I might still call them that.

Ernie and Fiona's boat

Saffi's boat

 It was fun to watch.  I think they tried two races and then it was off to the Boathouse for them.  We ended up taking a picnic down on the riverfront on the KY side under a tree close to the 'Singing' Bridge with Emmy and her crew and the Varratta's.  Lots of big boats out on the water and the sternwheeler was out too.  And I made a new friend.  The sweetest little man that made a comment about the basket of veggies I had brought for Emmy and Coach Jen to go through.  He parked his wheelchair in the same spot he told me that he has been parking it for 40 years.  We talked about a lot of things and I gave him one of the biggest tomatoes in the basket.  He was thrilled to death.

t was a great day!


Comments

Popular Posts