Not A Good Day

 Yesterday we called it the Sick House.

We were down one girl.  Ava has her usual fall allergies a little bit early this year so she stayed home and rested.

This guy was the next to fall victim.  He sat on my lap and fussed all most a day yesterday and nothing I did seemed to soothe him.

This guy was not far from his brother.
We just laid around, watched some shows, read lots of books, and rested.

After lunch, we camped out in the cool dark basement.  The heat index was 102...the ghetto pool would not have cooled us off.

And as if a miracle was upon on, this happened.  And nowadays it NEVER happens.





It was amazing.  Pappy might have been on the couch and I might have made myself a pallet on the floor.  I had forgotten how nice a little power nap could be.

So today Ava is going to try to go to school and the Bruce boys are spending the day with their dad.  Hopefully, the rest of the gang will be here.


Comments

Popular Posts