A Day In The Clouds

 Good morning from NC.
It is 6:30am and I can't stay in bed any longer.  Let's get this day started.




Just some of my little friends on the deck this morning.

I am just amazed at all the beautiful things I can see even just standing in one spot.

First breakfast...brown-sugar cinnamon Pop-Tarts with white chocolate coffee by Trevor.

Cinnamon coffeecake by Cassie

I'm doubting our ability to have this completed in a week.

Ahhh, yes, my sweet Appalachian Trail.

My RRT shirt on the 'AT bridge' at the NOC with the Nantahala River flowing under us.  Ahh, life is so good!

They love me so much.  What other 13 and 15-year-olds do you know that would smile and say cheese?

So much in my happy place.  I think just being outside is my happy place.

Look at Alaire out on a limb!

Visitor Center at Oconaluftee in the Smokies!  She hasn't lost her touch.

They have a new little piggie

Chicken number two...she is definitely the chicken whisperer.

We saw elk in the field.

Pappy wouldn't pull over so I only got a hiney shot.


Not saying but I think Elis went as high as he could.

We saw nothing but white.  But I still made it.  Maybe the best trip up the mountain for me yet.  I only had to stop four times to get my breath.

The Dome!

Elevation is 6,644
The highest point on the Appalachian Trail.

Oh, if only I were younger and in better shape.

Some interesting blooms along the way.





Newfound Gap...This is where Alaire got her trail name...SlipSlider.

Pappy wanted this pic.

Elk


And this is how Cassie makes it up and down the mountain.  She closes her eyes, covers them tightly, and then plugs her ears with her thumbs.  We make sure that she sits on the hillside of the road rather than the ravine side.

Another dinner on the deck, puzzle working, and maybe a little TV time.  I was ready to go to bed at hiker midnight (9PM)

Comments

Popular Posts