Oh My Word...SNOW

 

I was not holding my breath but I was looking out the window every hour on the hour.

I just happened to be up at 2AM when Michael comes in and tells me that I should go look outside.  I told him I had been awake all night watching the progress of the storm.


From the bedroom window at about 7am.  At 7:19am I get a text and pics from my friend Shannon telling me to 'It is so beautiful outside! You need to run outside with your big girl camera.'  So I did.

One problem right after I took the first pic this showed up on the screen...battery exhausted...WHAT!

 
This is our beautiful Kawnzaa Cherry tree.  The branches usually reach the sky.  This snow must be really heavy to have it droop like this.


This is my artsy shot for the day.

The 'Snowflake' magnolias branches are touching the ground.  It is so pretty but I worry about the branches breaking.

Standing under the oak tree canopy was like I was standing in an enchanted forest.

The Dropmore Scarley honeysuckle really looks like a lollipop tree.  Maybe this year I will just let it grow wild.

The bike is in camouflage mode.

The yellow birdhouse doesn't look real in the Harry Lauder walking stick.

This pic doesn't do that old oak justice.  It looks amazing but a little nerve-wracking when the clumps of snow start to fall.


Maybe we should call this a weeping cherry.

Strong survivors.


Official measurement...a wee shy of 3 inches.

The dogs are enjoying all of the snow.  All I can say they better not have gotten in the raised beds.


And we are going to set posts for the fence tonight!













































Comments

Popular Posts