Ollie's Little Scare


 Last week we thought Ollie had bought the farm.  He has gotten sick in his kennel in the middle of the night.  He wasn't himself.  No barking, laying around like he couldn't move, lethargic, slits for eyes, wouldn't come when called, and not eating or drinking.  All those things are not Ollie.  He is usually in your lap licking and nibbling on your ear, barking that high-pitched bark because he wants attention or wants a toy one of the girls has.  He kept hiding behind things.  I checked his nose and his gums, both were normal. At one point the kids told me that he was under the trailer and he wasn't moving.  Mark and Jon went to check on him.  Jon pulled him out from under the trailer.  I watched him all evening.  I even slept on the couch and left the doggie door open so he could get out if he needed to.  He got up the next morning a little better.  And by the middle of the day, he was back to normal.  I have no idea what was wrong.  My best guess is that he had eaten something he shouldn't have and he was having a hard time passing it.

Comments

Popular Posts