I Am Going To Get Into Trouble With This One


This is the morning snow shot from Jan 16...disappointing amounts but we did rate a Snow Day.  So I guess it wasn't all bad.

The front looked so pretty so early in the morning.
Question: Why is it that on 'work' days I have a hard time getting out from under the covers and a Snow Day I am up at the crack of dawn ready to go?

We had a plan.  We had groceries.  Warm house. Good blankets.  Snuggly dogs.  Good books to listen to.  Exciting shows to watch on TV, and someone willing to clean off our driveway so we wouldn't have to.  Well, it almost went according to plan.  Now I know I am going to get backlash from tons of people on this next part of the blog.  Sorry.

In the backyard, we have a good ten inches except where the dogs have played in it.

There was a new 3.5 inches that landed during the night.

Lynn came down to do the driveway (the plan) but if you know me, I don't feel old and I LOVE a good snow shoveling party.  We used the big snowblower that we had in WI and the little snowblower that we just inherited and two shovels.  We were finished in record time.  Each of us being really careful and taking our time.  Luke, Mr, Jon, and Luke's buddy used the blower on their driveway.  Job well done!

We then went across the street to our 'Halloween' neighbors and did their driveway.

Then across the street to Larry and Linda's.  That's when we ran out of gas for the big snowblower.  But not to fear...I walked back home and got the rest of the gas that we had.

While we were working at Larry's his neighbor yelled over and asked how much we charged.  We said nothing it is free!  Mark walked over to talk to them while we finished up and gathered the equipment.  We walked over and started on theirs.  Mark and I switched off and I got to meet my neighbors.  He is from Switzerland and she is getting over a broken arm.  Sweet couple!  We needed more gas so I walked to Lynn's and got her full gas can.

Walking home with nothing else to do and a full tank of gas in the snowblower and energy left we decided to go ahead and plow this driveway.  I knocked on the door just to make sure it would be alright but no one was home.  They will think snow angels have visited when they get home. Or they may never know because they're in Florida.

We are now all home safe and sound.  No bumps, bruises, or broken bones.  Had a warm lunch and now ready to settle down for a little nap.

Thanks, Lynn for your help!

I LOVE a good SNOW DAY!

Comments

Popular Posts