Checking On Boogie and Frozen Bubbles

 

Thurs, Feb 11, 8:56AM

But first a check on snow accumulations over the night and into the morning.  Looks like we have a foot of snow on the ground.  My mind is blown!  Never did I dream we would ever get this much snow.  And Round Three is expected to roll in today bringing a little snow and some ice.

I worried about Boogie all night.  I kept checking out our bedroom window and all I could see was his back.  

So early this morning I made my way through the foot of snow (insert jumping for joy pic of me here) talking to him all the way to the pen.  I went expecting the worse but was so glad to hear him talk back to me.  He did stand up which I took as a good sign.  Usually, he comes right to me for a neck rub.  Ha!  Not today.  Notice there isn't a footprint in the snow in the entire pen.  He hates the snow.  I'm just hoping that he is smart enough to eat some snow for water.  His heated water bucket is at the far end of the pen, way away from the shelter.  I'm guessing he isn't going to make the trek.

Denise reminded me of frozen bubbles.  Teresa has awakened the creative/fun side of photography.  I found our bubble machine and bubble solution in the garage and tried to set it up.  No luck the bubble machine won't work even after putting in new batteries.  I'm hoping it is just cold and maybe gummed up for the last uses in the fall.  I'll work on it to see what I can do.  In the meantime, I went through the playdough accessories for a tube to use as a bubble wand.  Noting to be found.  But I did find a piece with some small holes in it and I am going to try those again.

These are the first shots I got with my phone.

All the same bubbles but at different angles and with different filters.

Going to try a little later when the sun might be out.

Comments

Popular Posts