Mail I Have Been Waiting For

I first found this family via news in Cincinnati before the Flying Pig Marathon.  We were helping at one of the Greased Pig Stations with the Boy Scout Troop around mile 19.  I had my eye peeled for them.  They are easy to pick out in a crowd of thousands of runners...yellow shirts and red running shorts.  I was able to spot Ben and Seven.  Then I found their YouTube channel.  The rest is history.  If you ask my kids they would say that I am a stalker.  No, not really.  They are just an interesting family.  

Fast forward to my love for the Appalachian Trail.  When I got wind of their plans to hike the AT as a family of 8!!! I was hooked even deeper.  I 'hiked' with them whenever they posted a video on their channel...YouTube...Fight For Together. I always thought they should write a book and then this happened.  I think I reserved my copy the day that you could first do that.

I love Ben's explanation of how the cover came about.
(you will need your own copy to find out)

Autographed by the entire family.

And I received some trail magic!

I have a nightly routine...read some of the book.  I read chapter at a time because I want it to last a long time. I watch videos on YouTube from two other thru-hikers (Hawk and Braids), I check FaceBook to see where FreshGround is and who he has fed.  I relive our own 14 State Challenge Adventure that we did with our two oldest grandkids.  

Thanks Crawford's!

Comments

Ben Crawford said…
WOW! One chapter at a time! That must take incredible discipline. Thank you so much for sharing and it was fun to hear about how you helped us on the marathon! We were hoping to run this year and were bummer it was canceled but maybe we will see you next year. If so, please say "hi" and introduce yourself! Hope you enjoy the rest of the book! - Ben

Popular Posts