And It Begins

I didn't remember the big Nutcracker having an injury but then it came back to me.  Last year there was a big wind and it blew him over.  He faceplanted into the post on the front porch.  Leaving a big gash/scar.  

Ha, 2020, I got this.  I just made him a Christmas facemask.  Perfect.

I have been wondering with all the babies and dogs around here, where in the world was I going to put the Christmas tree.  No room in the schoolroom.  If I rearrange the kitchen It could go there.  Downstairs would not be ideal.  So there is only one corner in the entire house left.  And it is in the family room where the dogs spend tons of time with and without us.
 
Tree backstory...last year I picked it up off the street a few houses down the street.  It is the size I always try to find...tall and skinny.  It has been taking up space in the garage since last year.  Every time we need to get the kayaks out, it comes out first. Mark was not a fan until I brought it in and it fit the corner perfectly.

Now for the decorations...lights, a star, and some homemade garland might be all it gets this year because of all the two-legged and four-legged traffic around here.  Michael calls it simple elegance.  I call it simply smart.

A friend from scouts gave me the old work quilt.  I was hesitant about using it but sprayed some doggie go away spray on it and so far they haven't touched it.  I have a Yankee Candle Balsam and cedar candle burning to fake the tree smell.  Works for me.

Comments

Popular Posts