Moving to 'Bigger Rocks'

I debated long and hard on what to paint on the stones.  First, it was the letters in the word bloom.  Then it was five different flowers.  I finally decided on things that we mean something to us.  And once again I got a lot of help from my creative friends.

Bridgit was more than willing to get out of the house to paint.  We started out with a nice setup in the backyard but then it started to sprinkle so we moved to the garage.

Bridgit finished her stone and had to leave.  Shanon picked right up and started painting her stone.

It might look fairly simple but I am here to tell you it is a process to be sure.  You have to think every step through to get it right.  And for me, it was a real learning process.

My first stone of course was a chicken.  I loved all my girls.

And then it was those beautiful WV hills.

Bridgit painted an awesome cardinal which is the state bird of OH.  And it is said that if you see a cardinal in your yard it represents a visitor from heaven.

As probably everyone that knows me knows how much I love 
EVERYTHING about the Appalachian Trail.  So of course there had to be a white blaze.

Shannon painted the next best thing...camping!  I grew up camping at Star Point on Dale Hollow Lake my entire childhood.  There is nothing better than falling asleep to the sounds of the night or sitting around the campfire swapping stories with your friends and making s'mores or fried pies.

And then we had this...
Now I am not sure I want to use them as stepping stone in the garden because the dogs dug a hole right next to it trying to get a chipmunk and got dirt all over it.  I am doing to go back and seal them with the same sealer that they use to seal concrete so they will last longer.  I'm thinking I might just scatter them in the yard for a game of hide and seek.

And the best thing...I found five more stones that need to be painted.  I already have an idea for them too.  A great idea.  Murph is going to love ti!




Comments

Popular Posts