A Little Bit Of Painting


I have the most talented and generous friends on the planet!  Bridgit and I saw this squirrel feeder on FaceBook a few weeks ago.  And Poof at Life Group last week, Steve, showed up with two!  One for Bridgit and one for me! 

I had to think about how I wanted it to look. While I was thinking about it I had to paint two barn quilt squares for each side of the Little Free Library.

What a decision to make.  What two squares to do?  They are so many great ones.

We ended up with an Ohio Star in Ohio State colors per Mark's request.

I love the log cabin pattern.  I painted one but the pattern wasn't popping.  So I painted it again.  The red square int he center represents home/hearth.  A welcoming place.

I was watching a video (Rock Painting 101) about painting a tablecloth on a picnic table I thought that would be perfect for the feeder.

I love how this turned out!  It is going to look great!

Mark and I had a discussion or two on where to hang the feeder and how to hang it.  This was our compromise.  The perfect spot I think.

Now the name!  Fluffer Nutter Cafe.  Love that it has a story behind it.  Last summer we finished up the 14 State Appalachian Trail Challenge.  A few mornings we had breakfast at the AT Cafe in Millinocket, ME.  On the menu is a Flutter Nutter breakfast pancake.  It is stuffed with peanut butter and marshmallow cream.  To say the least, Ellis fell head over heels in love with it.  So much so that when we went back on the way to Acadia he ordered it again.  There was not a drop of syrup or a morsel or crumb of food left on his plate. 

Table for two.  Pecans minus the alamode.  So far I have not seen any reservations but somehow the pecans disappeared.

Stay tuned for pics of the Little Free Library remodel.











Comments

Popular Posts