And If Covid-19 Isn't Enough...

Luke from next door sent me this.
Then there was this!  We got an alert on our phones that we needed to seek cover immediately.  We grabbed the dogs and the camp lantern and headed for the basement.  We weren't down there long when I heard a big thump that sounded like something hit the front of the house.  

The whole time we were in the basement Emmy and Bryce kept texting telling us to go to the basement.  I mean 10 times apiece.  We had no way to communicate with them.  The news was naming off streets around us telling people to take cover.  They were freaking because they couldn't get in touch with us.  

When things died down I went out to check for damage.  Things were blown from here to there but we had no damage.  Then I look to the street.  Tow big trees down on either side of our neighbor's property.  The firefighters were on it.  Little did we know what they were headed up our street to.

This is taken the morning after.  This is on the street three minutes from us.

One street over.

Entrance to our subdivision.

On our street.

On 131, about three minutes from the house.



We were so fortunate.  My heart aches for these familit=es.  I haven't heard of anyone being hurt and no deaths have been reported.  I wanted to help clean up so bad but still didn't want to take the chance of bringing something back in the house.  So I make more masks.

Everyone working hard to clean up the debris and get the electric back on.



On the third day with no electric we did get in the car and drive to Panera to sit in the car and use their Internet and talk to the family.

Looked like a tornado or a few to me but I am no meteorologist!

Comments

Popular Posts