This Place Is Going To Be The Death Of Me

I know when we go to COSTCO in the truck we are bound to come home with a truckload of stuff.

I can't believe he talked me into it.  The beautiful highback oak bedroom set that we have had for almost 45 years is now sitting in the garage and waiting for someone to buy.  It is beautiful!  It was what Emmy was using when she lived here.  She hated it and always wanted at least a new bed.  I think now she is a little upset that we are redoing 'her' room now the guest room almost as soon as she bought her house.

We had to call in the troops again... Jon&Jon came to our aid.  We did as much as we could by getting all the oak furniture out and they helped us unpack and bring it upstairs.  I love 'my boys'.

I like the platform bed.  It is really easy to make.  It has two huge drawers at the foot of the bed that I can store sheets and blankets in.  Bonus.  But the best part of the entire bed is that on both sides of the headboard there are two USB ports!  Genius!

The dresser/chest-of-drawers is massive!  Lots of storage!  I saved a few antiques that were in the room already.  I'm thinking that Mark's bear from when he was little might have to take a bed in the bottom drawer.  Emmy always thought it was creepy.  I'm looking for new pics to put in the frames since the pics are about 11 years old.  And there is a clock.  Emmy never had a clock.

You can't have a beautiful bed without a nightstand.  So back to COSTCO we go.  We were able to get it unpacked by ourselves.  We used the dolly to get it up the steps.  It was so heavy.  I used an old lamp that we had used before but it just didn't look right so we headed to Kirkland's.

I love it and so does Cassie.  

Well, Emmy got wind of what we were doing.  I don't know if Cassie let it slip or Mark straight up told her so I decided to finally write a blog.

Found a cobalt blue vase...you know how I love my cobalt...but I am not sure it works.  I'll let it sit there a few days and then look again.

I was digging around in the basement in my only box of treasures left after the big clean-out and found the AT plate my friend Jen made me and some small blue bottles.  Then a little crock...I figure our guests can stand their phones up in it while they are charging them.  Did I tell you that the back of the nightstand has an electric plug and a USB port too?  

At HomeGoods, we found the mirror.  Mark hung it on the wall for me today.  I'm thinking I will look for something to put on each side.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I had an extra printers drawer that has been leaning up against my bedroom wall forever.  It got hung today too.  I think this wall needs a little something more also.  Not sure what but I will know when I see it.

Mark would like to switch out the chair for something that actually matches.  I love this chair.  Now he is even thinking about painting the room gray during Spring Break.

So, now my sister, you can come and visit and stay in the new guest room.  I have a room at your house now you have one at mine.  For that matter whoever wants to come to visit...fell free, you won't have to sleep on the couch in the basement.  But it is a nice couch and the room down there is perfect for sleeping.

Comments

Popular Posts