One And Done

You won't believe it when you read it.  I still can't believe it!

A few weeks ago our lesson was about John The Baptist.  Melissa was teaching and she was explaining that Jesus had lots of friends.  He even hung around with weird people like John The Baptist.  She explained to them that people thought that he was weird because his clothes were made of camel hair and that he ate locust.  One of the kids asks another teacher, Ericka, if she would ever eat a locust.  She shrugged and said maybe if it was covered in chocolate.  Well, it just so happened that we were going to Jungle Jim's after church and I knew they had dried locusts.

I gagged when I poured them into the bag.

I might have made them into Locust Buckeyes...(using tons of peanut butter).  Can you see their little tails?

 The bad this is that we had to do it twice...once for the 9:30 kids and then again at 11.

Kids giving us a countdown.

These two ladies are beasts.  LOOK AT MELISSA LICKING HER FINGERS!

Love the faces.

I was the biggest wimp.  But I am so proud of myself for not hurling all over the place.  I purposely didn't eat breakfast that morning.  I gag getting an x-ray at the dentist's office.

There might have been a little get-it-down-dancing done.  I had candy, gum, water, and toothpicks for after it all.  Melissa brought her toothbrush, sure wish I had.

While we are doing our best to get one down, Amber takes a plain locust out of the bowl and downs it no problem at all.

She could hear and feel the crunch of a leg.

 I got a wing stuck between my gum and teeth that I couldn't get out.

Melissa looking at me like what is wrong with you, I'm ready for more!

And if the pictures weren't enough for you...there is a video.  Enjoy!


These kids WILL NEVER forget the story of weird John The Baptist.  And neither will we.

Comments

Popular Posts