Michael's Physics Project

Michael came home and said he needed a sponsor.  Sponsor?  I am making a trebuchet for Physics class.  Trebuchet?

Plans that my dad would be proud of!



Michael's project partner came over for a few hours to lend a hand.

Michael and I worked until about 1 AM making sure that the thing would fire 30 feet.  I ran up and down the driveway chasing a little green ball with my flashlight in hand.  I am sure the neighbors thought we were certifiably nuts.

transportation by the truck early the next day.  Long story short..by the time it was Michael's turn to show what they had done...it wasn't working and some pieces might have come off.  Back to the drawing board.

Plan B.  More research.  Different materials and slightly different design.






Wyatt came to lend a helping hand after getting off work.

Fire in the hole!

Trebuchet number two.

They worked so hard we took them out to dinner.

So far this is what I have heard...it fired well.  Every aspect of the assignment was spot on.  Only one problem...it didn't make the 30-yard field goal.  I keep checking Progress Book for the grade.  I'll be back to let you know when I know.


Comments

Popular Posts