We Are Trying Again

We had such great success with our monarch caterpillars last year that we thought we would try it again this year.

I was walking past the strawberry bed of weeds and say this little beauty out of the corner of my eye!  I was so excited.

I went back the next day to see if I could see more and I found that little small one.

In a few days, the first one started the 'j' thing.  But in the morning I saw that something went wrong and I had a dead caterpillar.  I checked on the smaller one and he was dead also.  Not having such good luck this year.

Today Cassie and I went out to hunt for more.  I have been watching a field near our house and I noticed that over the last few days all the milkweed had dried up.  So I am guessing that the season for Monarch's is over for the year.  But never fear...I have an inside contact that told me where I could find some.  We went to that location and found this small one.  So we will see what happens.

I was able to gather some milkweed pods and I will plant the seeds in a month or two when they dry out.  Then maybe we will have more in the backyard.

Comments

Popular Posts