Great Outdoor Weekend

This weekend was tons of fun.  WE headed to IN to watch Ellis rn in a cross country meet.   We made a camping weekend out of it since it was...

We left Oh around 5:30 and of course, got to IN when it was pitch black in a coal mine.  But not to fear...we have good pretty good at setting things up in the dark.

Just a funny side note...about 3:30AM something the size of a goat had a little run-in with my side of the tent.  I couldn't make out the shadow.  It was just a little unnerving.

And yes that is a lake.  There were actually three lakes.

Just a few nature shots.


The best thing in the morning...

We got a text from Cassie that the cross country meet was canceled because they were predicting thunderstorms in the area.  We all decided to go to our favorite diner in Lafayette.

This boy loves a good breakfast like his Pappy.

Since there was no meet we came up with Plan B.  Load up the fam and bike, snacks and head to the lake.

Ellis and his clown bike!

I just knew we were going to catch tons of hug catfish because I had some special bait...hot dogs with grape Koolaid.

See anything strange in the video?

Alaire netting some clamshell thingies.

Can you tell that she was bored?  Hammocks always make everything okay.

Karen, Trevor's Mom keeping a watchful eye on the grands.

We decide to have desserts before dinner since we were going to Cassie's for dinner.

Alaire wanted to be the fire starter.


Cassie made an apple pie int he pie maker as Ellis looked on.


Cassie enjoying her pie.

Alaire made a combo...fried s'more.

I think she liked it.

Karen made a s'more.

Then it was back to the hammocks.

I love a good hammock.  Have you seen the ones that have a sleeping mat, bug net, and a rain fly?  I'm putting that on my Christmas list for sure.


Ellis doing some clown bike tricks for the camera.


This was about that 10.


Ellis and Alaire trying to teach me a new card game, Coup.  I never really got the hang of it.

Ellis doesn't have a very good poker face.  

Ellis decided to come back to camp and spend the night with us.  So again we were setting up in the dark.

Ellis and I left pappy sleeping in the tent and we headed for the lake to do some night fishing because I still hadn't hooked that big one.  Ellis threw in the towel after about 30 minutes of no bites.  I hung out until around one.  Fishing and texting with my sister.

That big catfish is still waiting for me.  Maybe next time I'll hook a big one.  But these two babies will do for this trip.  I have bragging rights that I was the only one to catch any fish.

Karen and Doug left early to go visit in Wabash so we found another little diner to try out.

We finally got the rain that they had been calling for all weekend long.  

Comments

Popular Posts