Catching Up On The Rest Of The Beach Blogs

 Our first morning at Holden.  I love getting up early before all the chaos begins.  I take my breakfast out on the deck and park myself in the hammock with my comfy clothes on (hoodie, black leggings and a good pair of wool socks...I know I'm at the beach).

Disclaimer:  At the end of the day we would all share all the photos that were taken that day.  So most of the pics are out of order and that drives me nuts but I just don't have the tie to go through and put them in the right order...sorry.

We haven't seen Emmy or the kids yet so I am just waiting in the hammock.  And then this happens...


Everyone and their brother knew that this was happening and I had NO idea what so ever.  Mark, Emmy, and Andrea had been planning this huge surprise since January.
(Andrea was an exchange student the girls junior year in high school.  they spent a lot of time together.  The girls went to Brazil in between their junior and senior year to stay with Andrea and her family for about a month.  Andrea's sister, Macia, came to live with us as an exchange student the next year.)

Safi's first awesome find!

Ellis has a new seat.

Hillbilly Golf


Under the new blue sunshade.

Panama Pappy

Pappy with one of his delicate flowers.

And the creations begin.  Annual sand sculpture contest.

mermaid

This is serious business.

Emmy heading the troops in for lunch and a nap.  Yes, we all napped every day.  It was awesome.



Well, look at this!



Love that little body!



Having lunch on the deck.



Chilling before lunch.

Boogie boards on the sand bar at high tide.

Feeding the seagulls Cheetos.


BFF's

PJ helping with food prep.


We found a drawer of baby bibs.

This is how you get sand out of your trunks.

Tradition calls for a nightly trip to a different ice cream store.  Beaches and Cream was our first nights stop.



Don't be alarmed...we only ate in the back of the truck because all of the seats were taken.

It is amazing how well we communicated.  He knows very little English and we know even less Portuguese.  But everyone was happy.





Comments

Popular Posts