Louann, This One Is For You

So I have been debating on the hummingbird feeders...put them out or not.  The goats will probably tear them up because I put them when I can see them from the couch.  And that is low to the ground.  Why bother because they are going to destroy them.  And low and behold I saw this today at Jungle Jims...

It is called 
The Humm-Bug Hummingbird Protein Feeder.

Easy-peasy!  Three simple steps.  First, you add 2-3 bananas.  (we have lots of bananas around here so that won't be a problem).  Second hand the feeder. (Done... and hung it high up in the 'Snowflake' tree soThe Boys and Ella will never be able to reach it.)  And lastly, enjoy the hummers.  The idea behind it is the bananas will attract fruit flies.  Fruit flies lay thousands of eggs on the bananas and within 7-10 days the feeder will supply the hummers with a constant source of protein.

I'll let you know how it goes when the magic happens and I get hundreds of hummingbirds visiting the backyard.




Comments

Popular Posts