A Dream Come True

For years I have tried my best to get a Little Free Library for the front yard.  My dad and I talked about making one once he felt better. My dream came true today thanks to Steve and Shannon Ritter!

Before the library got here Mark and I dug a two-foot hole for the post.  And then it arrived!  I was beside myself.  It is perfect!  More than perfect.

Steve even made a special post to hold all the weight.  Shannon picked out the color which is perfect.  Steve drew up the plans and did all the construction.

Everything passed Steve's examination so we got to work. 

The board for the library to sit on needed to be really strong.

Concrete.  I had to break a stick so we could tamp the concrete down the hole while keeping things level.



Steve measured several times because he wanted it to be perfectly level and aligned.

Then he bolted it down so it wouldn't blow over or be pulled down by a little body hanging on the front. Safety first.

And she is in!  I love it and can not thank Steven and Shanon enough.  It is perfect.  All I have to do is get a little sign and maybe some little wooden farm animals and a cupola with a weathervane.

I have been saving books forever.  

And there is still lots of room for more.  There is a wide variety.

If you have never heard about Little Free Libraries....people, organizations, schools, communities...design and build libraries and fill them will books that are to be there for lending.  You can borrow a book and then when you are finished return it or take and book and replace it with one of your own books.  Really simple.  There are all kinds of libraries.  Check out their website and look at all of the creative ideas.  Please come by and check it out.  Later on, there might be some painted rocks for you to pick up.

We have already had our first customer!

Steven and Shannon, you are the best!!!

Comments

Popular Posts