Spreading Things All Around

I finally had a free weekend to go to WV and help Robin 'plant' our parent's ashes.  My dad's wishes were to have my mom's and his ashes combined and then bury them in the cemetery.  Well, we mixed them and then decided it would be better to take them in little bags filled with flower seeds and plant them in places that we visited when we were little.  We didn't come up with this great idea Tara Barbera's sister, Cindy, gave it to us.  So yesterday we began the process.

It has been a little bit of a roller coaster ride for sure.  We got to see some fun people and get lots of hugs.  There might have been a few tears shed too.

Uncle Kenny made one of his famous over the top breakfasts for us. I sent a pic and my kids and they are so jealous.

Stitch got to visit with the ladies!  She had a little pep in her step when she figured out where she was.  They had no idea we were coming which made it more fun.

Everyone looked so good!

Lots of good long, hard hugs and a few tears.

Love and miss all those sweet faces.  Missed a few because they have moved over to the Assisted Living or moved to their mansions in the sky.

We planted some flowers seeds from my yard and mixed in the ashes right outside the window where my dad always sat.  Purple coneflowers, daisies, and black-eyed Susans.  Stitch walked right in and laid down in her regular spot under the table.

Then off to INCO's main gate. the locks on the Ohio River and behind the Hospice House.  Today we will be going to 217 (the house my parent's built).

Comments

Popular Posts